A Virtual Life
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
How to choose your character?
Female MonkIt is fairly straightforward to create a new character. You can choose to be a male or a female and according to your profession, you will look different. And that will also determine your relationship with others, not always the case, but most of the time.
The majority of players are male. But you would notice that you can meet lots of female characters, which I’ve always found very weird. All my characters are females because they reflect a part of me, or the person I would like to be or how I would like to imagine myself (!).
These are only assumptions of course, but it seems that some guys don’t really like how the male characters look like, hence their preference for a female character… As I think it is a minority, then what about the rest?
That’s simple: most of them find the female characters sexy… For the rest, I really don’t know and I could write pages on that topic without finding a decent solution.
But what surprises me the most is that your choice of character will determine you relationship with others. My second character is a female monk. One of the best armors for that profession are tattoos, meaning that your character’s body is covered by tattoos, and therefore, pretty much naked. I must admit that the graphics designers made a really good job with the characters. She looks awesome, and really sexy! Suffice to say that I got chatted up with several times!!! I could hardly believe it myself, because for me, sex in a virtual world is impossible… Obviously, I was quite mistaken, as I recently read an article about virtual sex amongst Canadian students. And it seems it is much more common than I had previously thought.

Technorati Tags: , , , .
posted by Caroline @ 11:36 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey there, the name is Cathan and i just found this blog, when i was looking for a guide to become lvl 20 in pre.
    and yea i find i really weird that guys make girl chars. For me it would just feel like 'thats not who i am'
    Thats why i only have male chars and they all ressemble my personality in reallife. Thats just how i see it.

    Well if you are interrested to know who I am in GW just look for
    Cathan Waylander

    just a guy that likes to play alone cause of one simple reason
    ( being scammed by a guy that pretended to be a girl for months)
    so thats my main problem with girl chars :)

    greets from Cathan :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Web a-virtual-life.blogspot.com