A Virtual Life
Monday, March 27, 2006
Factions Event
Last week-end, there was a special event in Guild Wars.
People with a valid licence could play the new version called Factions during the whole week-end! They also had the possibility to invite three people of their choice to test the game.
I must admit I had lots of fun.
What I first noticed was the predominant Asian theme. The new environment looks gorgeous and the colours are vibrant, which is a nice change compared with the previous version where most of it is very dark. I guess it's aimed at grabbing Asian players in mind.
The new map is awesome. I liked the fact that everything is much closer now, i.e. you don't need to run for ages to find the quest location. There are lots of new characters, new armours, new quests and missions, etc.
The major new concept in this version there now exist two clans perpetually at war with one another and you must take sides in this conflict by building alliances with other guilds. I am not quite sure I understood the concept properly though. I am part of a guild that is not very active, which is a bit boring.
Although the game has not been fundamentally modified there are some nice changes.
I still don't know if I will buy the Factions version. I would be interested in buying the collector's edition, but for some obscure reason it seems hard to come by in Canada.

Technorati Tags: , .
posted by Caroline @ 8:00 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Citizen_Stu said…

    I might be trying out Guild Wars soon too. One of my friends is winning at talking me into playing the game. I don't know how this will effect my World of Warcraft addiction though.

     
  • At 6:50 AM, Blogger Citizen_Stu said…

    ... and I should add that I just caved and got myself the special edition

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Caroline. Nice new look you got here. Love it!

    Got a question for you. That forum where you and I first met, where was that? I got some trouble with a subdomain I am setting up, and the people at that forum was a big help last time. I just can not find the link, or even remember the name LOL.

     
  • At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I used to play DaoC a long time ago now (or so it seems) but playing two accounts (the need for bots was so bad because everyone had one) just to keep my little SB in with a chance got too costly and time consuming what with artifact collection and the likes, is guildwars fated with similar problems ?

    Might have to have a look at it anyway :)

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Caroline...
    Dont know if you got my message at my site. I ended up having to run a backup and lost everything posted and done since the 25th :(

    I just wanted to thank you for the link. I appreciate it :) Those people at that forum are just so nice. I have now saved the link in my favorites :)

    Have a great weekend!

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Caroline said…

    Thanks to all for dropping a comment!
    Stu, I am kinda of jealous you already ordered the game!
    Mark, you can play the game without downloading those programs. I was not used to play video games at all (Guild Wars is the first one), and I managed to get to level 20 pretty quickly.
    Soto, you are very welcome!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Web a-virtual-life.blogspot.com