A Virtual Life
Monday, April 03, 2006
Playing in Groups
At the beginning, I started to play alone, mainly because I was eager to discover the ropes of the game on my own. This period didn’t last long, as it is almost impossible to manage to do the missions alone or with NPCs.
As I was leveling up my character, I had to collaborate with other players to manage to do the missions. And there starts the “fun.” By launching a “LFG” (Looking For Group) statement, generally speaking, you can be picked up pretty quickly depending on the profession of your character. But what is particularly interesting is the group dynamic that it should take place very quickly. As a matter of fact, you are supposed to be a team player without knowing the people you are playing with and must adjust yourself to their style of playing (as they should do it for you too), and their attitude. Depending also on their behavior, you can also estimate pretty quickly their gender as well as their age. I have played in many groups and each of them is different for sure, but you can draw a general scheme. Some people are very supportive and will do their best to finish the mission successfully, other will drop you in the middle for whatever reasons, and some will just insult you because you don’t play according to their standards. Those people generally take the game too seriously. I find them at the same time obnoxious and very interesting. Obnoxious because they spoil the pleasure of playing and interesting because I am wondering why they are so serious while playing.
posted by Caroline @ 2:52 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Web a-virtual-life.blogspot.com