A Virtual Life
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Back to Blogging!
It’s been a while that I haven’t written anything.
Some professional duties are keeping me away from the gaming world and I guess, somehow, it’s a good thing for me! Just kidding! Somehow I miss my online friends.
A few weeks ago, I had time to get connected and I was lucky enough to talk to some of my online friends. It was very nice to learn a bit more of what happened to them in-between.
To be honest, there are two main reasons that keep me away from the game. The first one is the one I mentioned earlier. And the second is that I haven’t bought the new game. I am still playing with the Prophecies Campaign (the first Guild Wars version), and I am not really decided to buy Factions. This version seems to be very PVP oriented, and as I don’t play PVP…
On the Prophecies side, things are pretty boring. I finished the game a long time ago, but I still enjoy the game and my characters. The only problem is that the new players are a bit different from those I’ve always known. I cannot define precisely in which extent they are, but it is a fact for me. On top of that, at high levels, there are only a few players and it is quite difficult to create a group (without mentioning that there is still the problem to find monks!).
I saw on Guild Wars official website that they will be releasing Nightfall, their new standalone version, on October 27, 2006. I had the occasion to play with the new characters: the Dervish and the Paragon. The Dervish is so cool! It was a lot of fun to play with it and it seems to be a very powerful character. Stay tuned!

Technorati Tags: , .
posted by Caroline @ 9:18 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Factions isn't really that PvP oriented. It's actually more PvE oriented than Prophecies. I only play GW for the PvP aspect, but I'm still playing the same PvP arenas that are available from Prophecies. The PvP aspect of Factions is kinda lame, but I have yet to finish the PvE stuff.

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger Caroline said…

    Thanks for leaving a comment!
    I was told that Factions was more PVP oriented, but guess that person was wrong! Maybe I will give it a try although now, there is Nightfall coming...

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger Charley said…

    I just stumbled upon this blog - I'm new to guildwars and hope you continue in the community. Thanks for giving this virtual life an examination!

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Brinstar said…

    I think that the reason Factions is widely seen as being more PvP-oriented is because of the Alliance Battles and the shifting Kurzick/Luxon border, which allows one faction or the other access to the resources at outposts, based upon how well their Alliance does.

    Nightfall is more similar to Prophecies in many ways, such as the return to objective-based Bonus Missions (rather than time-based Bonus Missions in Factions). The leveling in Nightfall is slower than Factions, but slightly faster than Prophecies.

    The development teams for Nightfall and Prophecies are the same, which accounts for some similarities. The team that was responsible for Factions was different. I believe the Factions dev team worked on the next campaign (Chapter 4).

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Web a-virtual-life.blogspot.com